India Pakistan Trade Unit
Transport Technologies Sector Reviews
Definition and scale of sector
The sector covers:
- Commodity metal and polymer component manufacture,
- Metal processes/treatments,
- Electrical/electronic/ mechanical sub systems manufacture,
- Vehicle manufacture
Why the sector is strong in the West Midlands
- High concentrations of activity in region centred on volume manufacture of motor vehicles.
- Opportunities for focusing on higher value added, based on new technologies and in luxury cars, motor sports and materials to improve products and product design.
- Technologies transfer opportunities between different transport odes and also in use of new materials to lessen environment impact.
Highways Sector review from BOI Sri Lanka
The construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of the road network in Sri Lanka is carried out by the Road Development Authority (RDA), Provincial Councils and Local Government authorities under the direction of Ministry of Highways and Ministry of Provincial Councils and Local Government.
Sri Lanka has approximately a road network of 87,501 Kilometers of which 11,151 km are under the Road Development Authority (RDA). Remainder is with Provincial councils (15,000 Kms), and other Local Authorities (61,300 Kms).
For more detailed information please click here to contact us
Top of page