India Pakistan Trade Unit
Information and Communication Technologies Sector Reviews
Definition and scale of sector
- Hardware manufacture,
- Hardware consultancy,
- Database management,
- Associated components,
- Associated wholesale,
Why the sector was chosen in the West Midlands
- Significant national growth and historic regional growth.
- Significant presence in software especially in southern part of regional round Coventry, Solihull, Warwick.
- Recent successes in hardware but from a low base.
- Significant mobile investment opportunities.
- Incubation opportunities associated with region's universities around
photonics and nano-technology.
ICT Sector review from BOI Sri Lanka
Why Invest in IT in Sri Lanka?
- Increasing resource pool of skilled IT labour force
- Average annual salary for software professionals in Sri Lanka is approximately 10% of the average US rate
- Software exports have been growing at a compound annual rate of 45%
- In 2000, total value of software exports was approximately US$ 58 million - this is the total value of India's software exports 10 years ago
- Per Capita GDP is presently US$ 900 - the highest in South Asia
- Literacy rate is 92% - the highest in South Asia and second highest in Asia
- Advanced infrastructure facilities in Telecommunications, Ports, Airports,Logistics
In Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU) country forecasts for Business Environment, Sri Lanka is ranked at #42 globally and #11 regionally, ahead of India, China, Indonesia, Vietnam and Pakistan
For more detailed information please click here to contact us
Top of page