Food and Drink Sector Review
Definition and scale of sector
- Agricultural commodities supply primary produce processing,
- Secondary processing,
- Wholesaling distribution,
- Food-processing machinery
Why the sector was chosen in the West Midlands
- Employment growth recorded in cluster.
- Consumer tastes and concerns over food safety are key drivers.
- Both create opportunities to value added through, for example, innovations in prepared ethnic foods and organics.
- Significant force for change in rural areas through a strengthening of supply linkages.
Top of page
Sample 1 Menu Link
Construction in Sri Lanka - India Pakistan Trade Unit - June 2007
Sri Lanka has a population of 19,7 million people (end of 2006) and a population growth of 1,1 per cent. Even 2,2 million live in the capital city Colombo and 22% of the total population live in the urban areas.
The Colombo region generates nearly half of the entire economic performance.
After having grown consistently since 2002 the GDP is estimated to grow about 6 per cent in 2007. The construction sector contributes 8,6 per cent of the GDP in 2005 and the real growth of the sector accounted for 24,2 per cent of the GDP.
Source: India Pakistan Trade Unit
FOR THE FULL REPORT PLEASE CLICK HERE
Top of page